Thursday, January 21, 2010

EOC week 2 My Demographic

My Demographic…
I am a generation X-people born between 1965 and 1978 which consist of 40 million consumers. We are the first generation of latchkey children and products of dual-career households. We have been surrounded by multimedia and are characterized by being savvy and cynical consumers. I believe this is correct for me, I look for value which means an item may cost money, but what you get with the product, such as high quality and a lot of features are important. It could also be something inexpensive, but has a good design that satisfies the need. I am cynical not believing that a particular product is the best without having to research it first. Time is at an extreme value to me so I would spend the extra money to have someone wash and clean the interior of my vehicles rather than do it myself and waste water.