Thursday, January 14, 2010

EOC Week 1 My Voice

As a web designer with a Bachelor’s of Fine Art, my website design tends to follow a clean, simple, yet functional and organized design. My focus this year will be to build a strong portfolio of web and graphic design to be on everyone’s “list” to important events in Las Vegas, and network to meet a diverse group of professionals. Design has always fascinated me especially web based media. The possibilities of design online should incorporate the best of print media, video and photo journalism with the ability to do ecommerce and blogging if necessary on your site. Style is important so that your design has your own personal signature and does not look like a template that other people have used over and over again. My current skills are being used for a major local book publisher in both internet and print use. A new passion of mine is networking. It is leading me to an unlimited number of open doors and opportunities that other people will never experience because they choose to stay home and watch TV. I have learned by exchanging business cards when networking, you compound your results by ending up in new social networks online, thus multiplying the amount of contacts by one simple handshake.