Thursday, February 18, 2010

EOC My favorite Super Bowl commercial from 2010

My other two favorite commercials from the Super bowl 2010 was Universal’s trailer for the new “Wolfman” movie which premiered the following Friday after the Big Game. It gave me a good sense of the actors involved as well as the quality of effects that I would be seeing in this movie. The wolfman genre has gone from extremely low budget cheesy effects to high budget but not many effects as in the Jack Nicholson effort. I like the choice of Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro for the main actors. My other choice would have been the Simpsons’ Coke commercial because of its relevance to our current economy and all that is happening with people downsizing their lives and the loss of all of Montgomery Burns money puts a smile on my face too. The cameo appearance of spider pig swinging on the swing is just awesome. Coke is the only thing that helps Monty gets back on track again, so Coke and the Simpsons are a great pairing of marketing strategies.